St. John’s Catholic School has provided the Jordan community with excellence in Catholic Education since 1868. Students at St. John’s are promoted to leadership through quality instruction in a personalized educational environment. St. John’s offers small class sizes, STEM and Spanish instruction, integrated technology, before and after school care, kindergarten readiness programing, a supportive school (family based) community, and value-based education with a strong Christian tradition.
More reasons to choose St. Johns…
- St. John’s Alumni have represented 10 JHS Valedictorians since the year 2000
- Accredited by the Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (MNSAA)
- Talented, dedicated, friendly faculty and staff
- Licensed, knowledgeable classroom teachers
- Strong academic curriculum
- 1:1 technology in many grade levels
- Traveling Volleyball and Basketball Athletic Programs
- Family atmosphere and strong parent support
- Full-day kindergarten & preschool
- Many multi-age experiences
- Supportive Pastor and Parish
- Long history of tradition in the community
- Service learning opportunities
What we do…
- Academic Excellence
- Develop caring individuals who strive to work for the common good
- Create Leaders
- Build strong community/connect
- Support/Give Meaning
Why Catholic Education…
- 99% of students who attend Catholic high school graduate. Of those, 86% attend 4-year colleges.
- Catholic school students are more likely pray daily, attend church more often, retain a Catholic
identify as an adult, and donate more to the Church. (Sander, 2001, p. 9)
- Students in Catholic schools demonstrate higher academic achievement than their public school
peers from similar socioeconomic backgrounds. (Coleman & Hoffer, 1987; Greeley, 1982; Sander,
1996, p. 544)
- In Catholic schools, the student achievement gap is smaller than in public schools.
- Graduates of Catholic schools are likely to earn higher wages than public school graduates
(Hoxby, 1994; Neal, 1997).